Flexographic Press Operator
General Data Company, Inc. (www.general-data.com) is a leading provider of products and technologies for identification, tracking and data management applications. General Data delivers innovative bar code labeling, identification, and wireless products and solutions that improve business process accuracy, productivity and performance.
General Data is currently searching for Narrow Web Flexographic Press Operators on 2nd shift at our 472C Plaza Drive, Atlanta, GA 30349 plant.
- Efficiently and accurately operate Comco/Mark Andy/ETI flexo presses to achieve maximum quality throughout the job.
- Adjust press to accommodate for new product rolls.
- Review job information and accurately setup equipment according to specifications to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Monitor and inspect the quality of each run, and flag any defects/ non-conforming product.
- Troubleshoot equipment and adjust as necessary to ensure the order continues to process correctly.
- Accurately maintain written records of production, including production time, downtime, and waste.
- Remove loads from press using a hand truck.
- Assist in the handling of dies and examining of dies for defects.
- Perform maintenance duties on equipment as needed.
- Train others on the process for operating flexo equipment.
- Maintain a clean and organized workspace.
- Communicate with other shifts on job status and press schedule.
- Safely and efficiently perform all essential job functions in accordance with company policies and operating procedures.
- Participate in department meetings, training, and continuous improvement events.
- Serve as an example of what our company values most: innovation, respect, integrity, creativity and collaboration.
- 1-5 years experience is necessary
- Experience in running Comco/Mark Andy/ETI presses is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact and communicate with customers and other General Data team members.
- Knowledge of or experienced in operation of flexographic and 3 and 5 roll coating applicators.
- Working knowledge of ink management for waterbase, film, and UV inks is a plus
- Strong math skills and understanding of metric and standard measurements/ conversions.
- Detail-oriented and capable of following standard work instructions.
- Ability to learn quickly and adopt new technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to read and understand written instructions and job tickets, as well as comprehend verbal instructions.
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively with a team.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Familiarity with ISO 9001:2015 is a plus.
Position includes hourly wage, overtime, and full benefits package.
All interested people please send resume and salary requirements to:
General Data Company, Inc. Headquarters
4354 Ferguson Drive
Cincinnati, OH 45245
Attn: Human Resources
Fax (513) 965-3623